Saturday, February 7, 2009

James is going to State!!!!

Today was the Solo-Ensemble contest for choir and James participated in 5 different groups. He sang in a large men's group, two large mixed groups, a quartet and a duet. And he qualified for the state level in the duet. He and Zander Martin are going to Ellensburg on the 24th of April to compete against other small men's groups from around the state. They sang a song in German and the judge complimented them on their pronunciation, she was surprised when they both said they didn't speak any German. He was very excited and we, of course, were very proud of him. When he called Jacki to tell her, he said "I guess we are just keeping up the tradition of going to State." (she in track, he in singing) I personally think it is wonderful, because singing and choir was my life in high school and finally I have a child experiencing a little bit of what I did. (though I never even participated in any solo-ensemble competitions and the only solo I sang in high school was absolutely wretched!) Anyway, I don't have any pictures to post, (I forgot the camera at home), but just wanted to record James' win and remind him how proud we are of him.

2 comments:

  1. Like I said before, you have talented kids! That is one talent I wished I had. How great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job James! That's totally cool!

    ReplyDelete