Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN


I've always enjoyed making costumes for my kids for Halloween. It is fun to dress up and pretend you are someone else for the night. Some years have been more creative than others, but I think we did really good this year. James came home about a month ago and told me "I want to be 'Max' from 'Where the Wild things are'." I am sure he was inspired by the new movie that is out, but I kept thinking he would change his mind. But no........he kept asking, so on Thursday of this week we went out for supplies. We actually found 5 yards of white fuzzy fabric at the thrift store, so after a good washing, this is what we made. Or should I say "I made", though he did help with the crown. I thought it was pretty brave for a 17 year old to want to wear this costume, but then again we are talking about James, my child of "NO FEAR"!

James can't make a scary face. He is too much of a happy guy!
The first time he put the finish product on, he ran around the house yelling..."I'll eat you up!"
Everyone of my boys has LOVED the Ninja Turtles. So when Andrew decided he wanted to be one this year I wasn't surprised. (We actually still have a big bin of turtles in the toy closet downstairs!) We went thrift store shopping again, finding most everything we need there. We did have to dye the undershirt yellow, and he has plenty of stuffing under there, or should we say he has great abs.
He painted a piece of cardboard for his shell. We actually sewed it to his shirt, so it all has to go on and come off together.
Here's a better view of the 'abs'. I think we did a pretty good job!

No comments:

Post a Comment